It has a been a hard few weeks here. Bryan has been working crazy hours and I had a big evening event last week for work as well. Plus, everyone has been craving spring. Bryan had a scheduled wills for heroes event on Saturday and I just couldn't handle another weekend full day on my own. So my mom came to town to offer a little back up to keep me from going crazy. Luckily, her neighbor was also in MD, giving her a driving home partner back to the OBX.
It was so great to have my mom here to help with the kids and Maddie, do some fun outings, and to let me have a little break for a few hours. I always feel bad when she comes since she helps clean, cook, and watch my kids so it is definitely not a vacation for her in any way, but we love having her come!
During her visit, Noelle had school Friday morning so my mom and I did a few errands and then took Kellen to the local library for some playtime and the parachute class they had. Again we couldn't really remove him from the train table (sweetheart, we have one of these and so does Ms. Rose so you really can do other things when we go places!) but he did last a total of 3 minutes in the parachute class before I gave up. From what the other moms said, we didn't miss much.
Friday afternoon we had a Costco shopping adventure and then after Kel's nap we did some biking, triking, scooting, and strollering around the neighborhood.
Last week I bought a living social for an annual membership at the Science Center and then ended up getting it free since others bought off my link. Yay! We are so excited. We spent a bit of time Saturday late morning down there checking out the dinosaurs and kid room. Before our visit I even made it to an awesome exercise class in Columbia. The Science Center was great and we can't wait to go lots over the coming year!
We also enjoyed some outside time despite it being a little breezy down in Baltimore for snacks and at the tire park after Kel's nap. Spring is coming and we can't wait!
My mom's close friend from Olney then joined us for dinner and dessert. Then we did church and Sunday school the next morning together before my mom headed home. Like always it was a quick visit, but it was so wonderful to have my mom here. Thanks again for all of your help and see you soon in Disney!
No comments:
Post a Comment