Tuesday, March 25, 2014

B I N G O

Last Friday night I went to the big fundraiser for Noelle's school, purse bingo. And it was intense. As someone who has not played bingo since my parish hall days at St Peter's (circa 1992) I was totally unprepared for this event. Doors opened at 6:30, games started at 7:30. Erin and I walked in at 6:47 and had to beg for two seats together at the last row of tables. Our entry got us 3 cards to the 20 regular games. The five special games (two of which were worth over $1000 in donated prizes) cost an additional $1 play. There was also a few raffles and a 50/50. The whole thing was pretty impressive.

Erin and I had heard that people bring in their own drinks. We each came with a beer. What we didn't know is that people brought in coolers of food and full bottles of wine for their evening out. Next year my friends.

It was fun but now that we know what it is all about, we'll be coming next March with a table full of moms, a cooler full of food, and some yummy drinks. At 6:15 pm. And we'll make sure to go to bed early the night before - that was an unexpected late night!

I did win one game. I got a Thirty One backpack, Portalli's gift certificate (brunch here we come!), Starbucks mugs and coffee (anyone have a grinder?), and a certificate for a loaf of bread from The Breadery. Fun times!


No comments:

Post a Comment