Monday, March 24, 2014

Just Keep Swimming

We really wanted to do swim lessons for Kellen and Noelle this year. Our schedule and my sanity just aren't going to allow it til at least the summer, and then I think it will just be for Noelle this year. But we wanted to make sure that the kids are ready for the pool this summer. A newly rebuilt rec center opened up this past year nearby so last Friday I took Kellen to their open swim while Noelle was at school. Three of my mom friends came with us and we had the pool to ourselves. It was wonderful. And I am happy to report Kellen is still a have no fear of the water fish. He loved every second. Well every second minus a few after he demonstrated his favorite move from last summer, floating face down for a second til mommy rescues me. But even that didn't keep him out of the water. And he loves floating on his back, blowing bubbles, and kicking. I am confident that I can get him swimming a bit by the end of the summer. But even if he isn't, I am sure he'll love another summer at the pool!




We look forward to a few return trips to the indoor pool as a family before Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment