Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Family Art Night

Yesterday I rushed out of work right at 5 to get the kids at daycare. It was Family Art Night at Noelle's school, and as she apparently believes she is a little Picasso in training, she had to go. I walked in to daycare to find my daughter in full meltdown mode. Awesome. About 10 minutes, one bathroom visit, and 70 requests for her to calm down and take a deep breath later, we made it to the car and were on our way. I was fearing the worst but just as quick as Dr. Jekyll can turn in to Mr. Hyde, Noelle became pleasant and sang and chatted happily for the 7 minute journey to school.

We met Bryan in the pitch black parking lot and headed inside. Noelle and I created a lovely little fall-themed candle holder out of a mason jar and tissue paper.





Kellen decided that he is more of an escapist than an artist, so spent the evening running out of her classroom and down the hallways with Bryan chasing behind. When he was caught he liked to perform his favorte move (the wet noodle) and throw himself backwards to avoid being picked up.


So relaxing the evening was not. But Noelle loved doing her art project, absolutely loves (and seems to be loved) by her teachers, and everyone thought Kellen was cute. So we are calling the evening a success!

PS Check out the look on Kellen's face. He cracks me up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment