Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Fun Fall Friday

Yesterday was really a perfect Friday. We started the morning running ahead of schedule. This pretty much never happens now that I have two little people. The kids played nicely with their Lego duplos after breakfast, stopped to get ready for the morning exactly when I asked, and got in the car with unprecedented speed. We quickly hit the Catonsville pharmacy for Kellen's special order iron supplement and headed over to Storyville to meet some friends.

This was Kellen's first "big kid" experience at Storyville and Noelle hadn't been since last winter. They had a great time, but I quickly learned that now that they both run and have personalities of their own, supervision there will be a little more challenging! Thank goodness for the wonderful mommy friends that helped me out when they ran different directions!

Kellen loved everything! Noelle was a particular fan of the huge kitchen and grocery store. They both spent some time playing on the train and wearing costumes. It was a great morning.






 




After about 90 minutes Noelle was getting hungry, Kellen was getting tired, and I was exhausted so we headed home for a quick lunch before Noelle had to get to school. We got to school with just enough time to play on the swings and then Noelle ran in to find out that her friend Will was going to school an extra day this week and would be in her class. Perfect! Kellen and I were off to do errands. Since he was so tired from not napping in the morning I did some drop-offs and pick-ups on my way to Costco and Trader Joes and then let him sleep in the car an extra 30 minutes when we arrived to get in a 50 minute nap. Not ideal, but with the workers at our house it was at least as good as he would have gotten at home. So we did some shopping and then headed back to the playground at school and got in some playtime on the slides together. Since we never get time to play on our own this was great!

After school we stayed to play for about 45 minutes with some friends. The kids ran like the wind and while a tiny bit chilly, it was really a beautiful fall day!

I always feel like supermom when it is 5 pm on a Friday and we haven't turned the TV on all day. At 5, Noelle was exhausted from not napping the past two days so I relinquished my mom of the year cape and put on Fresh Beats so she could rest. Kellen continued to play while I made the kids dinner. After dinner we all played some more together. The only part of the day that was less than perfection? The duplo Kellen took to the head when he repeatedly destroyed the "horse" and"barn" Noelle was building. Nothing a few kisses and a short timeout couldn't fix!


I love my Fridays home with these two. And I'm super excited for the long weekend coming up! The Saxton's are having a Thanksgiving lunch with friends and then are uncommitted for the rest of the long weekend with the exception of the Maryland/Georgia Southern basketball game. It should be fun to watch my Terps take down Bryan's Eagles!

No comments:

Post a Comment