Thursday, October 20, 2011

Proud Big Sister

We wanted Noelle to meet her baby brother as soon as possible, so after he spent about an hour under the warmer to help bring up his body temperature a small bit, Bryan went home to bring grandmom and Ellie down to JHU. They arrived a bit before lunch and stayed a little more than an hour. Noelle was super excited to meet her baby brother, gave him his first toy, and received a little gift from him. She was also super excited to run around mom's hospital room. Here are some pictures from the first very successful meeting!







Bryan and I had known all along that we wanted to leave the hospital as quickly as possible after the birth this time. I simply can't rest there, and as long as everything was going ok, I saw no reason to stay any longer than necessary. So Monday morning (after a very long night in which Kellen was very angry mommy's real milk wasn't in yet) we got everyone to agree to discharge us. We just had to agree to take our little man to the pediatrician Tuesday when he was 2 days old for a weight check and quick exam. So at lunchtime Monday we were off, a little less than 36 hours after his birth.







At home, Noelle had a chance to further her big sister role and has wanted to hold Kellen ever since we arrived! While I am pleased with her enthusiasm for big sisterhood, her desire to constantly be in his face makes me a bit nervous. But I guess it is much better than her hating his guts! Here are some pictures of the proud big sister from shortly after our arrival.





So all and all Kellen's first two days of life went pretty darn well. We'll post some more pictures and updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment