Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our Updated Bathroom

Bryan completed another house improvement project almost two months ago, and being a picture slacker these days, I am just now getting around to posting on it. Since moving in our house, the room I have probably hated the most has been our first floor half bath. I am not sure if it was the yucky floor, the vanity that was actually a gross looking kitchen cabinet, or most likely, the fact that the walls and even the ceiling were painted an unattractive mauve color, but everyday the room made me sad. And it was one of those spaces you just didn't want guests to go in, but since it was on the first floor, you didn't really have a choice. So when Bryan announced this bathroom would be his next project after the guest room, I was all about it.

This project took only a few weekend days and I will fully say I did absolutely nothing to help other than try to entertain our daughter to keep her out of daddy's way. Bryan painted the ceiling, trim, and door white, the walls the same green we used in the basement guest room, replaced the tile and subfloor, switched out the lighting, and replaced the old kitchen cabinet with a much more modern vanity. The only things left from the original bathroom space are the toilet and the exhaust fan. I am proud of how handy my husband is and how great the space looks!

Unfortunately, we have absolutely zero pictures of this room from before we began the remodel. Here are some with everything ripped out when only the ceiling had been painted:





Post remodel:






It was really hard to get pictures of this space! But I swear it looks great and I am no longer embarrassed to have people use our first floor bathroom. Thanks B!

No comments:

Post a Comment