It seems crazy Kellen has already been here for a week! He is doing great so I thought I'd do a quick update. Kellen was down to 7.5 pounds when we hit the doctor Tuesday, close to the 10% weight loss cusp, so he had a return trip Friday and had gained 3 oz back. He certainly loves to eat so Dr. Burke expects him to be back to his birth weight early next week. We go back Tuesday for his PKU and another weight check and then hopefully won't need to go back until he is one month.
So far at least Kellen is a pretty easy baby. He really only cries during diaper changes or if he feels we are starving him. He is awake a bit more each day, but sleeps most of the day. This is certainly a welcome change since his sister never slept during the day unless we were on a walk or in the car from pretty much her first day of life. Kellen is also doing a pretty good job sleeping at night, doing 2.5 - 3.5 hour stretches between feedings. I do dread the middle of the night diaper change as it is pretty much a guarantee he'll pee during it, requiring an outfit change. Thus far I have not been peed on, but I'd estimate he pees during changes at least 50% of the time, one of the joys of little boys!
Kellen has been out and about a lot already. We've gone to the playground, walks with Maddie, Target twice, Storyville, and out to dinner. Both grandma's have seen him, and several friends. This week he'll meet Pop Pop, Uncle Mike, and Dakota which should be interesting. Through all of this Noelle has taken most everything in stride. She loves to help and be around her baby brother. She has done pretty well with the jealousy thing, although wants mommy a bit more than usual. Her behavior and listening skills decline in the evening but it is hard to tell how much of that is Kellen and how much is that she is 2! She does sing her brother Twinkle Twinkle each night before bed which is absolutely adorable. Besides still learning to be gentle, I'd say it is going pretty well, and we have made a big effort to do stuff she likes as a family or even just me or Bryan and her the last few days. With more time I think she'll be even more used to the big sister role!
So that's the one week update. We'll post again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment