One week left until little Dragon's due date! Worst case scenario, we should be meeting our little guy in about two weeks time. But hopefully, he'll come before then. Friday-Sunday would really be ideal for me. But at this point it is just that awkward waiting game. And with the waiting comes the fairly pointless and even totally stupid questions/comments. Some of my favorites thus far:
1. You're still here?
This is a common one I get at work. Yes, clearly as I am standing in front of you, I am still here. No wait, actually, I had the baby last night. I just missed you all so much that I stuffed a pillow in my shirt, left my newborn in the hospital nursery, and drove on down. Don't I look good for having just given birth?!
2. Do we have a definitive date and time for the baby?
October.
Um, do you understand how this whole childbirth thing works? I think I've made it pretty clear I don't have a scheduled c-section. So no, we don't know when the baby will come. It's this crazy thing called yup, that's right, when he is good and ready. But, I think we can all guarantee it will be sometime before Halloween!
3. Have you tried long walks, spicy food, warm baths, etc.?
Oh wait, you mean I shouldn't just be lying on my couch all day and night if I want this baby to come? I wondered what I was doing wrong. I'll just stop chasing after my 2 year old, going to work, cleaning my house, making food for my family, walking my dog, etc. and explore (on foot) all of the Baltimore area spicy ethnic food establishments. That will totally make me go in to labor.
4. You are huge. You must be ready for that baby to come. I bet he is like 10 pounds in there.
Thanks. That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. No, seriously. I think I look great too. And no, he can totally chill in there for forever if he wants. Who needs to be able to bend over and put on shoes or shave their legs standing? And yes, it is awesome that my daughter can run faster than me at this point and that she forgets that her mom used to be a reasonable size! Oh, and 10 pounds. Bring it on! I mean, I'd rather push out a 12 pounder but if he wants to be a teeny tiny 10 pounds that is cool.
5. Two is a whole new ball game.
Actually, I kind of thought it would be the same as one and a dog. I mean dogs are like the same as children, aren't they? I was actually thinking it would be easier this time because Noelle is totally old enough and responsible enough to babysit Dragon. And she isn't possessive of her mommy at all so she'll totally love every second I spend feeding and holding him.
So there you have it. Hopefully the little Dragon comes soon. Whenever he comes, we'll update the blog and Bryan has Dragon's email already set up so we will try to send that out too. Keep us in your prayers for a safe delivery and healthy baby!
Ahh, I remember these comments. I recommend drinking red raspberry tea upside down at 11:11 AM while walking around your neighborhood the day before a full moon :) Looking forward to an update on Dragon's arrival!
ReplyDelete