Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Kindergarten!

Today Noelle has her first full day of real school. This moment is crazy! After the first day back to work when my babies were 12 and 13 weeks respectively, this was probably my most emotional morning as a mommy. The combination of Noelle's shyness to new people/adventures, her status as youngest in her class, and her health issues, has made me one nervous mommy, but I know she will do fabulous and is so ready for this new phase in her life.

Last Thursday was Noelle's official first day. Really it was a preview day with a parent for two hours as we saw the classroom, met the teacher, learned about policies and procedures, and got ready for this new thing we will be doing daily. Noelle did great and we started with a special breakfast and pictures. Notice that our french toast is not in cool designs or shapes. Set the bar low, friends! I also had a hard time keeping my cheese ball out of the pictures. His first day is this Friday as he starts another year of preschool.


 



We ended the day with pizza slices and ice cream with some of Noelle's favorite friends who also just started grade school. Unfortunately they aren't in her class (Henry) or even school (Nathan), but she has already made one good friend in her class and was ready to compare notes with these guys at dinner.



Today Noelle went back for her first real day of school. I walked her down the street, put her on the bus, and walked away with tears in my eyes. This whole growing up thing just got super real! I know she is ready and will do amazing things but it is definitely hard to let go. I can't wait to hear about her awesome day when I pick her up from daycare later though. And the fact that her teacher has already emailed me 6 times in the last 4 days definitely lets me know I will be well communicated with!



Tonight Bryan and I have back-to-school night! Looking forward to learning more and meeting the other moms and dads from her class! Happy first (real) day of school, Noelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment