Thursday, September 18, 2014

All Aboard the Choo Choo Train

On Sunday the kids were great at church, the weather was beautiful, and we were ready for an early adventure so that naps could be on the afternoon agenda. Kellen has not been napping much lately, making for some ugly behavior on a few occasions, and school is really taking a toll on Noelle, so Sunday afternoon naps are almost as sacred as Sunday morning church service right now. So off we went at 10:05 to Leakin Park to check out the miniature steam trains. I had taken the kids here once before and it was fun but not something I wanted to do again on my own. This time I had back up!

The trains didn't start running until 11 so we started off with some playground fun. Noelle enjoyed climbing, Kellen enjoyed driving, and we chatted and enjoyed the fall-like temperatures.




After a little playtime we got in line to be on one of the first trains. Our strategy worked, they started running a little bit early, and we got on the very first train of the day. The pictures don't really show what we are doing, but Kel and Bryan rode in the caboose with Noelle and I in the car in front of them as we journeyed down the tracks around the park.



After the ride the kids agreed to go home, eat lunch, and hit their beds without a battle! I would say the outing was definitely a family win. Local friends, if you haven't yet checked out these trains that operate one Sunday a month spring through fall, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment