Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Mommy Adventures

The past few days and nights, around work and family time, I have had quite a few mommy events. First up, our crab feast! Eight moms from my group got together to eat crabs, drink beer, tell stories, and laugh. We even had two crab newbies in the bunch and I was impressed with how Erin patiently taught Emily how to open hers. I definitely can't be bothered slowing down my own crab eating to help others learn the art of crabs! These were just my second crabs of the year and they were yummy!





Saturday night I journeyed out to a piano bar with some moms. Becki had won a happy hour which included free admission and two drinks for all of us so we went down and enjoyed the sing-alongs and thanks to the happy hour party special and Bryan's parking garage I got away with spending a mere $3 for the evening. The free drinks even included Yuengling so not too shabby!

 


The mom adventures ended for the weekend with a small baby sprinkle to celebrate Erin's new bundle of joy. We had a low key brunch and it was nice to chat, give Erin a few goodies, and scare her a little about life with two! I tried some new recipes and they turned out well and since I love brunch I was pretty darn excited. And perhaps the best part of the brunch was that Bryan and Noelle used the time to do our weekly Costco/Trader Joe's run so no grocery shopping for me!





I know I say it a lot, but I love my mom's group and the friends I have made in Catonsville since having Noelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment