Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pre-K

In less than a year my baby girl will be in Kindergarten. I cannot believe how fast time flies when you have little people! To get ready, Noelle is doing the Pre-K program at the school she has attended the past year. Instead of going for just three hours a week to mostly play, the Pre-K program is structured learning three sessions a week to get the kids ready for big kid school. Due to our trip, Noelle started a few days late, but she was super excited to make her arrival! She started the morning posing for pictures with mommy, although I think she was mostly excited her brother was already at daycare!

 



Her first day went well after I left. She was clingy when we arrived, and the teacher did have to sort of peel her off of me when I needed to leave but I am chalking that up to sadness that I was abandoning her again after being away 5 days. They told Rose at pick up she had done great and on Friday she had no problem with Kellen and I dropping her off at school. She also participated in her first show and tell and brought Violet as something that makes noise!

I am really impressed with her class so far. After day two she came home singing a song about how to draw all the numbers and when we do drop off they continue the 3-year class skill of tracing their names and then the teacher has them doing some basic math with apple pompoms while they wait for everyone to arrive. Each week is themed to a letter and while she already knows all the letter sounds I am hoping they will help her with sight words and reading. I think she is going to learn a lot this year and will definitely be ready for Kindergarten in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment