We got called right at 8:45, yay! First, Noelle was weighed and measured. Her stats:
42 inches (88% percentile)
40 pounds, 14 ounces (84%)
Noelle was last at the pediatric center in March and was 41 pounds so she is actually just maintaining weight right now. She also grew almost 5 inches since her three year check up last August. Major growth spurt after growing only 1.5 inches between 2 and 3! I am still in shock at how I produced a tall girl but am excited that my daughter still appears destined to be able to reach items off the top shelf at the grocery store without assistance!
Next up, they took Noelle's blood pressure and pulse. I don't remember this happening in the past but besides being squirmy the first time they tried to use the cuff, she did well. Then, they did her first real hearing and vision tests. She correctly identified all the beeps in her headphone without problem. I told her since I now know that she has no hearing issues I shouldn't have to repeat myself 7 times - we'll see if that works! Noelle also patiently went through her vision test with no problems. No glasses in our immediate future! I remember wishing I had glasses as a kid. As a grown-up, I hate the glasses/contacts I now have to wear. Noelle, enjoy this glasses-free life while you can!
We spent a lot of time answering the nurse questions and even spoke to Dr. Burke and got examined for quite some time. She looks great! Then Noelle got two shots and was mostly a rock star although did not think they were no big deal like she did when she was a bit smaller. A bribe of a leftover Wawa pretzel that grandma and pop-pop left on their stopover last night took her mind off the pain!
Despite my insistence last week that I am done with JHU, Dr. Burke very much wants Noelle to be part of the clinic that we were trying to get in down there. They are taking over the appointment getting for me and know of my displeasure with the one doctor we have seen. I am somewhat hopeful that they can work their pediatrician magic and get us in before February but we'll see.
Our doctor's office is moving to Columbia in November and I was considering moving to a closer practice. Our visit today sealed the deal for us to stay. We were there for one hour and almost that entire time were actively being seen by the nurse or doctor. Thankfully my kids are pretty healthy, but I think continuing to see people that know Noelle's potty history and Kellen's anemia/ear history is important. But kiddies, please don't get as sick this winter as last. I would love not to make a trip to Columbia every week in the cold and snow!
Noelle will go back in early October for a flu shot or mist - three live viruses in one day was too much for us to take! Until then, flu stay away!
No comments:
Post a Comment