Sunday, January 22, 2012

January Round Up

The Saxton's have been busy as always! Over the past two weeks or so we have spent most of our time adjusting to me being back to work. Thankfully, Bryan has been able to be home at a reasonable time most nights. With one 3 month old, getting home at 6 was fine. Baby Noelle would fall asleep on the way home from daycare and snooze for about 45 minutes, pretty much the exact time I needed to clean and organize bottles for the next day, cook dinner, and make lunches. Two little ones doesn't work quite the same way. Kellen often falls asleep, but Noelle rarely leaves him alone long enough for him to get in a real snooze. I have tried the TV distraction and it just isn't as effective as I'd expect! So each evening is an adventure and I'm proud to say that we have only resorted to takeout once and that was planned in advance!

Thank goodness I am still doing freezer cooking to keep my act together. It takes a bit longer these days with baby feedings and Noelle helping, but it is a life saver. Here is Noelle having a great time putting brown sugar in bags for our balsamic flank steaks!



In the past week, we have also been battling Kellen's second cold. This has been a pretty bad one, and all of the congestion has been in his throat so we have actually been kind of grateful for the spit up situation since this actually gets some of the yuckiness out. Kellen has been sleeping in his bouncy chair to stay somewhat upright and is down to just 4 hour stretches again so we remain tired. Thankfully he is one of the happiest babies ever and is still pretty cheerful! Here he is today watching the Ravens (before they blew it in the last few minutes!)



And here's Noelle and Bryan watching the Ravens beat the Texans the week before!



Bryan and I also got out last night for a retirement dinner at a local country club for one of the partners in his firm. It was nice to get a free fancy dinner and have some adult conversation!



Noelle spent the time building towers with Ms. Beth. Love the babysitting coop!



So that's pretty much the January round up thus far! We got a little snow and ice but Noelle awaits a real storm to get out and use her snowman accessories to build a huge snowman with daddy! The next few weeks will be busy with work, Catherine's baby shower, and Kellen's baptism so we'll post again as soon as we can!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to ask if Catherine was pregnant after looking at the picture of her and Noelle. Thanks for clearing it up! I'm sure you are excited to be an Aunt :)

    ReplyDelete