Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back to Reality

Kellen is 12 weeks old today. And with that comes my day of dread, the return to work, and reality. I am really thankful I have a good job, a job I even love some days, but that doesn't make it much easier to leave my babies tomorrow morning. And yes, it is great to have an identity outside of being a mom, and to have conversations occasionally that don't involve the eating, sleeping, and bathroom habits of my children. But sending your kids off to daycare, even when you trust the care and know that they love your children almost as much as you do, is hard. So tomorrow I hope to only burst in to tears a few times. And I'll take comfort in the knowledge that it gets easier each day. And I do know my job, as hard as it can be at times, is way easier than staying home with the kids. But that doesn't mean I don't wish I could stay home! So here's to hoping tomorrow goes well, and that Kellen rolls, crawls, walks, and talks for the first times over weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment