Friday, January 30, 2015

MLK Monday

Remember when I used to blog like 10-15 times a month? Yeah, pretty sure it is a distant memory never to return. Oh well! I am going to try to play a little catch up now.

First up, MLK Monday. Noelle and I spent some time talking about MLK before the holiday. This is something they have really discussed a good bit about in school this year and now that Noelle is 5 I feel like she really is starting to understand more about similarities, differences, justice, etc. I love the idea of using MLK as a day of service and hope that as Kellen gets a little older we can focus on that. We also will talk more and more about the world we live in. For now, it was nice to spend the day together, even if it was just the 3 of us as Bryan still had to go to work.

Kellen, Noelle, and I met Catherine and Avery at the science center to spend the morning learning and playing. It was fairly crowded, especially by the end of our visit, but we had a good time checking out the dinosaurs, playing in the kid room, watching the planetarium show, and exploring different physics concepts. We stayed for about three hours and when we got home Kellen actually took a nap for almost three hours, a sure sign that it was a successful excursion. Noelle rested for a short while and then asked to watch the science channel while she did her art. I love that girl!

My little paleontologists.

Electricity!

Opposing forces

And no visit to the kid room is complete without a chance to get soaked

Noelle liked pulling herself up on the pulleys

Kellen was perhaps a bit less excited.

Avery thought it was pretty cool

Playing some invisible strings

Maybe a little cooler than our marble run at home

I have no clue what this was but it looks cool.

Maybe Kellen is sharing some physics insights with Avery?

Pull! Kellen wasn't very helpful in trying to win the challenge.
 Thanks for sharing the holiday with us Catherine and Avery!

No comments:

Post a Comment