Sunday, January 4, 2015

Auto Show Adventure

Happy New Year everyone! I decided I am not going to really resolve anything specific this year but I am making efforts to make sure I am putting my family first this year.

Bryan and I had off from December 24th through January 4th and school and daycare were even closed so we have started the New Year with lots of family time. Last Friday we headed down to the Inner Harbor for the annual auto show. It was about 6 weeks earlier than usual this year, and had a few less entertaining extra events (Jeep, bring back your cool obstacle course!), but was still a good time as the kids and Bryan checked out dream cars, as well as some that are more practical for our family in the future. Ah, those days when car seats aren't taking up 90% of our backseats! Not that I want the kids to grow up fast but car seats are not my favorite thing, especially when it is cold, rainy, or I have a grumpy Kellen on my hands!

My kids like cars. A lot.
The yellow cars were the biggest hit for some reason. Kellen seriously sat and watched one rotate on a platform for 15 minutes straight.
Noelle checked out the cargo space in all the SUVs for Bryan.
That convertible definitely doesn't fit two ginormous Britax car seats!
After the car show we walked around the harbor and then had lunch at Cheesecake Factory. We pretty much never go out to eat other than at the local pizza place where our kids are welcome to run a muck with the other kids at the store so were pleasantly surprised everyone behaved and even seemed to like what they ordered.

Inner Harbor Family Selfie. Not that you can see any of the water/boats/buildings behind us!

We thought about hitting the science center before we headed home but naps were calling our names as we try to finally fight off these nasty coughs/colds.

I have really enjoyed our family togetherness the past few days, but I am ready to get back to our regularly scheduled routines!

No comments:

Post a Comment