Our post-New Years, end of holiday break, beginning of getting our lives back to normal, has had a variety of winter adventures. First up was a visit to the Ellicott City B&O Museum with friends. Apparently the display is much cooler during the holidays so we went to check it out and the kids had a lot of fun despite the small size of the museum. The lego train display was particularly impressive.
Later that week before I returned to work we had several kids over to play and "cook." No, I am not crazy, we simply let the 4 year olds make yogurt, fruit, and granola parfaits. They were concentrating quite intensley so I didn't get any good pictures but the kids had fun and felt accomplished and everything was yummy. The mommies and little kids also got a treat, but we designed our own concoctions.
The Saturday morning after our big mom night event, Noelle hosted friends for some princess time. The girls brought their princess gear, they took turns wearing the different dresses and accessories, had lunch, and watched part of Little Mermaid. My favorite picture is of Julia helping Noelle get ready. I have high hopes that this picture will be featured at a rehearsal dinner one day after the girls stay friends through the years. We'll see!
Lastly, we have gotten back in to our mom and kid dinner routine. Our most recent (and my favorite choice, I think) dinner was breakfast for dinner. Kellen especially enjoyed the pancakes on a stick that Erin brought, but the mommies liked the egg bake and everyone loved the sausage and fruit as well. Yum!
With the crazy cold weather this winter, I have been thankful for our indoor play dates and for time to get our energy out with friends. I hope it finally warms up soon - this polar vortex stuff is for the penguins!
No comments:
Post a Comment