Monday, April 8, 2013

Home Alone

Bryan journeyed down south for part of the weekend so Noelle, Kellen, and I had the house to ourselves. So what did we do? In typical I am totally crazy fashion, I hosted about a zillion events and people. On Friday night we dropped B off at the airport and rushed home to put the pizza in the oven for our Toy Story Pizza "Picnic" with friends. Mostly the kids ate and ran around like crazy people but they did watch the movie for about 6 minutes total!




On Saturday morning we woke up, got showered (which was an adventure sort of in itself!), and greeted Emme when she arrived at 8:30. The girls immediately started arguing over who would be what princess, and then played nicely for the next 4.5 hours. We played inside and outside and had a great time. In the meantime, Aunt Catherine and Avery came over for an early lunch and playdate, and then we were joined by Nicole, Jacqueline, and Baby Juliet. Somehow despite having 3 babies and two 3 year olds in our care, we successfully put together freezer meals for all of us in record time. I guess we are just getting better with that whole multi-tasking thing with experience!

Saturday night I hosted our second themed mom's dinner. This time our ingredient was ginger and we had a yummy cocktail with fresh ginger, cranberry juice, and vodka and some carrot latkes with an apple, jalepeno, ginger slaw on top to start things off. Our soup was carrot ginger and then we had salad greens with a fresh ginger dressing. For the main course I made lemon ginger shrimp and it was accompanied by rice and green beans with a soy ginger marinade. We finished the night with a pear ginger crisp with ice cream. Yum! Of course I forgot to take pictures.

Sunday morning I got myself and the kids ready for church and we made it to the 9 o'clock service and Sunday School with 2 minutes to spare. Kellen behaved pretty well, Noelle had a lovely time as always, and I was feeling pretty proud of how well the weekend had gone! I got things ready for my Pampered Chef/Origami Owl open house and Bryan arrived back just as it was about to get started. He gave Kellen a kiss, put him down for a nap, and took Noelle to the tire park with her bike. Awesome!

The open house was good and the kids feasted on the leftovers afterwards. Kellen even wanted to be in a big kid seat!

 

A little after the open house I started to feel yucky so Bryan finished the day with the kids, took them to Opie's, and dropped off dinner for a family in my mom's group that just had their third little one. Being home alone was ok, but we much prefer to have our family of four together!

1 comment: