Monday, April 15, 2013

Everything's Bigger in Texas

Last week I journeyed southwest for my annual science teacher conference. Between sessions (some of which were actually good this year) and working at our booth to recruit teachers and students, I was able to enjoy some of the food and sights in San Antonio.

The River Walk was beautiful, even if it was crazy touristy. I walked down there solo or with my colleagues for meals and to enjoy the weather, and even got in one run down it before work. The highlight of the trip was definitely the narrated river boat tour. This reminded me of a longer and perhaps more informative version of the Jungle Cruise from Disney. And you know I love Disney so being remotely like anything Disney means you are super awesome in my book!

 
 
I also walked over to the Alamo, checked out a cathedral (bringing back memories of my trips to Italy and Greece!), headed over to the Market Square, and ate lots of good food. Mostly Mexican but I got beef brisket in there too! It was a great trip and I hope to be able to go back with Bryan someday.



And how did my family do in my absence? Perhaps not as well as my last trip away when Bryan and Noelle made life look easy without me but they did survive! Kellen has been pacifier free since I left and slept all night last night without making a sound so that was certainly successful! The lowlight of my trip away was Noelle puking on the kitchen floor mear minutes after my flight landed in Texas. Oh no! After wrangling a friend who was kidless for the week in to watching Noelle, Bryan dropped Kellen off at daycare Thursday only to find out that Noelle had stuffed herself with food and then run around like a crazy person before heading home Wednesday night. Given she had no other symptoms of the stomach bug and was fine immediately after getting sick, our friend took her over to daycare Thursday. Crisis averted!

Life is never dull in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment