Yes, our house needs work. But really, whose doesn't? In fifteen years, when we are finished all the necessary projects - basement, kitchen, bathrooms, floors- I'm sure we'll find other projects to keep us busy. Despite needing work, I love our house. And mostly because I love our neighborhood. I enjoy driving down Hilton towards our house each night. When it isn't freezing outside with black ice all around, I love walking Maddie down the street. And I especially love walking through the woods and around the convent with Noelle's stroller and Maddie whenever its light in the evening.
Tonight our street had a party. While our neighborhood probably has about 200 houses, our street is really removed from the rest of the neighborhood, so we sort of do our own thing. This was our first gathering with our neighbors, and our first opportunity to meet some of them. While we are at least 10 years younger than any one else on our street, everyone was so welcoming and amazing. We already had met most people, but it was great to chat with people, rather than just exchange passing hello's. We did learn next time we need to step up our food offerings - an easy appetizer just isn't going to cut it - apparently we live on a street of some serious cooks and eaters! I'm just glad we brought something other than chips and dip - that would have been embarrassing!
So yes, our house isn't perfect. But we are in the right place and I'm excited this is the house we'll have while we watch Noelle grow up. Patapsco Woods was a great place for our forever house and I'm so excited that 9 months later, we are still happy with our house buying decision!
No comments:
Post a Comment