Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Waiting Game

Well I had been convinced for weeks that I was really due August 11th and that Baby Saxton would surely come that day, but as it is 4 pm, and I am not in labor, I guess today is not meant to be the day. We are optimistic that Amoeba will arrive soon. The baby has dropped into position, I am having a lot more cramps and contractions these days, and the midwife did type into her computer last Friday "Labor Alert" for my file, so anytime now we should be welcoming our little one.

I did it make it through the summer camps at work, which made all my co-workers happy. It was a long summer for everyone with the flu going around, but it was one of the best summers I've had in the 5 I have worked full-time for the program. Going to work now is sort of annoying though, as everyone asks "When are you going to have that baby?" or "You're still pregnant?" which makes me want to shoot back some kind of sarcastic, probably not work appropriate response. I know everyone means well though and that they also are just excited to greet little Moeb's into the world.

Besides that, things are pretty good. I have developed pregnancy carpal tunnel syndrome, which is apparently quite common for women who give birth in the heat of the summer. I guess the vessels that bring blood to your hands and wrist are really thin, so even a small amount of swelling can sort of crush them. My right hand definitely feels it more than my left, and it especially hurts at night, but besides gripping heavy things and trying to brush my teeth without pain, it hasn't been too much of an issue. I guess since I never suffered from morning sickness this isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

So we are just going to play the waiting game a little longer! It is nice to know that worst case scenario, we'll be meeting our little one in just 2 weeks! We'll keep everyone posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment