Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Few Days at Home

Just a short update to let everyone know we are doing well during our first few days home with Noelle. When we first got home the first thing we did was introduce Maddie to Noelle and that went much better than expected. Maddie is certainly curious, and a little jealous, but has given the baby kisses and shared a pillow and blanket with her so we think they will be best friends in no time at all.


From looking at our pictures you would think all Noelle does is sleep. And the first day home that was about right. Since then she has not been a huge fan of rest, and instead would much rather eat all day long. We are definitely excited she is a good eater but we are hoping she starts sleeping for slightly longer than an hour or so at a time! In the morning Noelle is super awake and likes to look around at the world with her huge blue eyes. She is super cute! Later in the day and through most of the night we alternate quick naps with feedings, and we all are trying to get our rest when we can.



Grandma Hayhoe has been here the past few days to help out. She has been great taking Maddie for walks, cooking, cleaning, and of course she is super excited to cuddle with her first grandchild.



We also had an overnight visit from Great Grandma Gidjunis. Here is a picture of the 4 generations of women on my mom's side of the family.


1 comment:

  1. So I must admit that I have been holding off coming to visit due to a variety of reasons including work, a rash that won't quite go away, and hoping that you guys are settling into a routine nicely. Once the school semester gets underway, I'll be a better scheduler, I promise. I'm anxious to meet Noelle. :)

    ReplyDelete