Noelle is officially done with Kindergarten. I can hardly believe it. This year flew by and Noelle went from a brand new 5 year old who was too afraid of adult strangers at her school to tell someone when she needed to go to the bathroom, to a reading, writing, confident young lady. I can't even believe how upset I was the week before school began in August when I learned she would have to change teachers and classrooms for her health accommodations. She ended up with the most wonderful teacher and most amazing Kindergarten experience and at least so far, this Catholic school mommy is sold on the local public school.
 |
| Noelle and Mrs. Bushman. Noelle has already cried since the end of school that she won't have her next year. |
Noelle had a series of events to end the school year. First up, summer birthday celebration. As a room mom, I organized a game and ice cream sundae bar for the kids to celebrate the 6 kids in Noelle's class with summer birthdays. It was a nice hot day after a week of wet and cold days for late spring so it hit the spot. In Noelle's class of 19 there were 3 kids that don't turn 6 until August so Noelle was the second youngest in her class. She was intimidated by that at first but now that she knows she is good at reading and math and remains super tall I don't think she'll have the same anxiety about it in first grade!
 |
| Yum. Ice cream! |
 |
| Kindergarten favorites question ball |
Next, family picnic and field day. I ate lunch with Noelle and then volunteered at the field day and was glad to be assigned a water event in the blazing sun. The kids were broken into groups mixed with different kids from the six Kindergarten classes and went through stations for the afternoon, having a blast. I loved field day growing up and Noelle also definitely had a great time!
 |
| Noelle is under that hat eating her blackberries :) |
 |
| Sponge Relay - I could only get pics at my station. |
 |
| Popsicles after an afternoon in the sun. |
Finally we had a Kindergarten concert the last full day of school. The six classes sang in a very warm cafeteria for about 30 minutes and it was adorable. I was glad to have this over a graduation ceremony since I think that is a little overdone in 2015 - these kids all graduated from pre-k last year so can wait for another graduation at least until they are ready for middle school. It was hard to see Noelle in the sea of 120ish kids but she sang her heart out and I did shed a few happy tears as she told me I would...
 |
| Two of the 6 classes belting out I Believe I Can Fly...Noelle's group got the worst song but it was still cute. |
I can't believe how big my baby girl has gotten this year, We are so proud of Noelle and all she has accomplished! Goodbye Kindergarten!
 |
| See Ya Kindergarten! |
 |
| What a Difference A Year Makes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment