Monday, February 23, 2015

WInter Odds and Ends

Since I am playing blog catch up, here are some other winter happenings in late January and early February.

First, a few friends and I had dinner to catch up in late January. We all made a honey inspired dish or brought a drink and it was wonderful chatting with some of the moms I have known the longest. Hoping we can do it again soon. And dinner was super yummy - impressive girls! My three favorite courses were:

The appetizer including figs with cheese and honey - that is pretty much the way to my heart!

Goat cheese, beets, and candied pecans are a close second :)

And dessert was amazing - panna cotta with champagne and an after dinner cordial. 

In early February, Noelle had her 100th day of school. This is something I have no recollection of from growing up but let me tell you it is a big deal in 2015. The kids talked about it for weeks. They did a count up for months. They got their collections of 100 items together, I was asked as room mom to organize a special 100th day snack, and the kids had a day long celebration of all things 100. And then they had 101st day - themed to all things Dalmatians so I was pretty much on board with it, especially since Noelle owned a sweater that was perfect for the day already!




And on President's day I had a dentist appointment for both my cuties. This was Kellen's first official full appointment where he had the works done. He had his teeth checked previously and had experienced the chair and the fun, but this time they did the whole nine yards and despite being skeptical when we arrived (it was like 4 degrees outside) he did great. And Noelle was an amazing patient as always. Both kids have great teeth and Noelle has one very loose tooth. Pretty sure the tooth fairy will be making her first visit before long!

This girl loves the doctor and dentist, which is good since we visit at least one every 8 weeks :)

Puppy came to help Kellen be brave.
So that pretty much catches you up to our weekend snow storm. Post coming soon I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment