Friday, February 10, 2012

My New Addiction

During all those late night feedings (seriously my son is eating like 4 times every night right now!), I'm always looking for things to entertain myself. Enter my new addiction. Pinterest! This site is so simple but so hard to sign off of. Basically it is a way to organize web links that you want to remember for later. I use it to organize recipes I can use for freezer cooking, general recipes that look yummy, and projects I want to do with or for the kids. You can see what your friends are interested in too, and as several friends have organization as an interest, I often see these ideas. Enter, the simplest thing I was not doing to organize my car!

I should have taken some before pictures. My car was a disaster between crumbs, Noelle's various toys that had been left in the car over the past two years, tissues, miscellaneous supplies, etc. Enter the cheap and easy addition of two containers. One is organized with things I might need when out with the kids.



This basket includes diapers, wipes, sanitizer, tissues, sunscreen, sunglasses, a blanket, a towel, changing pad, emergency snacks, and an umbrella. Now they are all in one place in a basket that sits on the floor behind my passenger seat.

The second basket is for entertainment.



There is a small rattle for Kellen but everything else is for Noelle. I have her etch-a-sketch, several books, the lacing cards I made her, her paint chip matching game, and her button snake game. There is also a stuffed animal and dinosaur for when K gets a bit older. Noelle discovered her goodies today on the way to Target and played quietly the way there and back. She was pretty excited and I was pretty excited too. And when we got home we cleaned everything up in about 5 seconds and put it back in the basket. No messy car!

I know, so not strokes of genius, but my car makes me much happier after a good vacuuming and these baskets!

No comments:

Post a Comment