Monday, April 4, 2011

Nose Breath

I know I am pregnant when nose breath becomes a problem. Last pregnancy, when Bryan got in bed, I made him face away from me so that I didn't have to smell him breathing during the night. Not that his breath is all that bad, even at night or anything, it is just something I can't stand. Ideally I am facing one direction and he is facing the opposite - this eliminates the possibility of any nose breath finding its way in to my personal space. With Alien, I thought maybe the nose breath stuff wouldn't be a problem since it was pretty much an immediate change with Noelle and so far a lot of things have been different. Last week though, nose breath hit me full on and I think it is here to stay for the next 27 weeks.

This should make Bryan feel a bit better though. Apparently night time nose breath isn't just a problem with him. Last night was a weird sleeping night for the Saxton's. The past two nights I have started my late night insomnia depsite still being exhausted so have been up for several hours. Even though Noelle has been sleeping great since we transitioned her to the big girl bed right before the New Year, she also woke up several times last night. After about an hour of crying randomly for a few seconds off and on every 10 minutes or so for an hour I went to make sure she was ok and found her with her eyes wide open looking totally awake. I tried to convince her it was still night and she should go back to sleep. I tried to rock her asleep (as she stared at me wide eyed and bushy tailed). And then I gave in, and asked if she wanted to sleep in the guest bed with mommy. This turned out to be a big joke (as I should have known) as she decided to use the time for climbing over me and telling me I needed to be quiet since daddy was asleep. Hmm, helpful kid. I finally got her to pretend to be sleeping next to me and realized her nose breath was going to be a problem. And every time I turned my head away she wanted to play with my hair or climb so that wasn't going to work. Luckily, Noelle decided she needed to go to the potty (at 3:30 am) so I took that opportunity to let her go, put on a new diaper, and put her back in her bed. There were a few tears but after about 2 minutes instead of crying she was chatting to her baby and her bear. Eventually I guess we all fell back asleep and she was dead to the world when I went to wake her up this morning.

So lessons learned: nose breath can happen to anyone anywhere. Even small children who don't have all their teeth and are super cute. And asking your year and a half old if they want to sleep with you when they are wide awake isn't going to work. In fact asking them if they want to sleep with you (unless they are sick) is never a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment